Does your company offer a Group Retirement or Pension Plan as part of the overall compensation arrangement or simply a convenient way to save in a voluntary way?
Group Savings plans offer lower management fees than individual retirement savings plans and ensures everyone has a chance to save in an easy way.
In many cases an employer will match the employee’s contribution up to a certain level â but even a simple voluntary plan is a well received.
Group RRSP’s offer all the flexibility of an individual RRSP with the advantage of lower Investment Management Fees (IMF’s) as the funds are priced on the total group savings.
Available Group Savings and Pension Plan Structures:
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan – RRSP
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan – DPSP
- Defined Benefit Plan – DB Plan
- Defined Contribution Plan – DC Plan
The advantage of a Group Savings Plan instead of a individual RRSP?
- Contribution is deducted through payroll.
- Employees get immediate tax relief.
- Lower administrative costs and Investment Management Fee’s.
- Help your employees – many people have the best intentions but never get started on their own – when it comes off their pay cheque, they adapt.
Investment decisions are made by each individual employee based on their individual needs (age, risk tolerance, investment knowledge).
Investment Choices can include:
- Guaranteed Income Funds
- Target Date Funds
- Asset Allocation Funds
- Bond Funds
- Dividend Funds
- Equity Funds
*Typically individual securities are not permitted inside the group structure.
If you want to start a new program or would like an audit to check your current advisor’s performance we can help.
Call us toll free at 1.888.498.5288